Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 8, 2013

My little superhero's birthday party was so much fun.  Planning parties is one of my favorite things to do.  I know I get more out of it then my two kiddos.  I love thinking of a theme, decorations, favors and all the fun little details.   It was a little hectic the morning of, but it was all worth
it.
  
This year Bronsy decided he wanted a Superhero party.  He couldn't decide on only one superhero, so we focused on Superman, Spiderman, Batman, Hulk, and of course Superwoman. 
A few months ago we were at Chuck E. Cheese and another family had a Superhero party and each guest had their own cape.  It was the cutest thing ever, so I knew I was going to have capes for all of the little superheroes.  This was a bigger job then I imagined.  Thank goodness for my little sewing team (aka My Grandparents).  The boys capes were pretty simple, but I was never able to find girl superhero fabric so I had to make them myself. 
I love picking out goodies for the favors and this year I came across the cutest cups at Old Navy and Target.  I think we picked the best theme since the new Man of Steel movie is coming out.  There is superhero stuff everywhere you go. 
 
My first cake using marshmallow fondant.  It was really easy to make and so much cheaper then buying the premade fondant.  I do have to say that this cake was really just for display, because my son still just wanted a cupcake.  I am glad that I made it though, because I have never worked with fondant before.  Fondant has endless possibilities
 It was so hot this year that we had to make sure to have plenty of water activities for the kids.  This year we decided to make some water balloons.  It was a hit, but they went fast. 
Batmobile pool.   
 Piñata time!
 The party turned out perfect and I am so thankful for all of our friends and family.  Thank you for helping us celebrate our little mans 3rd birthday. 
 
I wonder what next years theme will be. 

3 comments:

Heather said...

absolutely incredible!!!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC party!!!!!! Seriously Storm, you MUST send this in to Kara's Parties, or even Amy Atlas Events to share!!! Incredible!
I am sure the kiddos loved it!
Gramma Cupcake

Saritha H said...

Are those stickers or printables that are glued to the favor bags? I am planning a super hero themed birthday party for my son. The favor bag idea is super cool.